Romans 10:17

FAITH COMES FROM WHAT IS HEARD AND WHAT IS HEARD COMES FROM CHRIST. (NRSV)

Saturday, January 22, 2011

PSALM 121

I was sitting here thinking about my younger children and how they are growing up. I was thinking about Facebook and how some of the children on FB say and do some things that would make parents weep. I was thinking to myself "man, it won't be long before my daughter is on facebook" and I got kind of panicky, (I guess that's the word I will use). I got up to go into my closet and I heard the Holy Spirit whisper Psalm 121.
I reached for my bible and here is what that chapter of Psalm says:


1. I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from where will my help come from?
2. My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.(WOW)
3 He will not let your foot be moved;
for He who keeps you will not slumber.(He never goes off duty)
4. He who keeps Israel(that's includes me)
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5.The Lord is your keeper;(He guarantees to keep my children)
the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6. The sun shall not smite you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7. The Lord will keep you from all evil;(WOW!)
he will keep your life.
8. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in
from this time on and forevermore.(not just now, but forever)

This lets me know that if you abide in Him, if you make Him your dwelling place, He will take care of your life and your children. Not saying that nothing will ever happen in their lives that I disapprove of but before the enemy strikes,I have already won.
I told God that because I gave Him my life as at a young age I want my children to miss that mess the enemy has planned for them. I beilieve that is just want He is going to do.
I believe that if I make Him my life, He will take care of mines, and my life includes my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment